February is the month of love and passion. Its very special to us as our daughter was born on the 14th.
At Red Square Team, we are very lucky, because we absolutely love what we do. We love helping our buyers to find their perfect home and we love working with our sellers to prepare their home for sale. In fact, we are truly passionate to present every property in its best light, and to maximise the return for the homeowner.
When I reflect on 2019, it had a slower start to the year in terms of inventory levels compared to previous spring markets. However, by fall, the market was strong, with the number of sales up 14.2% year on year (November 2019). At the time of writing, TREB had just reported November’s figures. The average detached house price in the GTA is $1,360,246. More locally however, the table below shows the number of sales by area and the average sale price, reported in Fall between 1st Sept and November 15th.
|Area||Number of Sales||Average sale price|
|High Park North||25||$1,664,451|
|Baby Point / Old Mill||9||$1,778,444|
Each of these sales marks the end of one chapter and a new exciting beginning for the new homeowner.
Every home put up for sale has a different story. Every sellers’ requirements and circumstances are very different too. We recognise there are different needs by sellers and accommodate these needs by offering different seller packages.
The goal is always to obtain the maximum value for a property. Some homes are picture perfect and ready to sell. Some homes need a little TLC and others need an enormous amount of work to get the house to the point where its maximum potential can be reached.
Three examples of our different offerings are as follows:
SALE OF AN ESTATE
We co-ordinate the:
- Removal of unwanted personal items and unwanted furniture
- We prepare the home for sale: maintenance, painting and cleaning
- We offer a complimentary staging package to enhance the property, as appropriate.
SALE OF A FAMILY HOME
- We take care of the packing: We provide the resource and materials to pack up excess items (toys, books, furniture)
- We provide storage for excess items for 1 month
- We co-ordinate and prepare the home for sale: maintenance, painting and cleaning
- We can co-ordinate our trades for kitchen and bathroom upgrades (new countertops, new backsplash, new ceramics, and painting of dated cabinetry)
- We tastefully stage every room in your home with modern and complementary furnishings.
SALE OF NEW BUILD OR RENOVATED PROPERTY
We will tastefully stage every room in your house with our full list of inventory:
- Sofas and accent chairs • Coffee tables and end tables • Dining table and chairs • Artwork, rugs and lamps • Headboards, beds, bedding, throws and pillows • Accessories and tchotchkes • Exterior furniture and planters.
Every one of our listings is supported by new floorplans, photographs, a virtual tour, brochures and an extensive print and social media campaign. Home inspections are also provided as appropriate.
If you are thinking of a move in 2020, let Red Square Team, bring the love to your property.
We are happy to discuss all the different options available to you, to get your house ready for sale.
Until next time,
Gillian Ritchie, Broker
Red Square Team, Royal LePage Real Estate Services